I have been making this second Worldpress theme for the final project in my CMS class. Compare to the first theme I made, it has more customized features such as custom background and custom navigation menu, the design of the theme is more complex, and the theme layout becomes more standard. Here is an overview of its features copied from this page:
- Custom background
- Custom menu (only allow one level of drop-down menu)
- Three widget areas
- Left widget area – default widget is categories if no widget is set
- Right widget area – default is the search form
- Bottom widget area – default is tag cloud
- Show category and tag list at the end of each post, display a messageÂ if there is no category / tag assigned
- Custom 404 page
- Display 10 recent posts under each post
For more information on each of the above features, and to see the code snippets for them, read the original post.
This theme is still incomplete because I need to add the comments area on the post page, as well as some design changes. The deadline for this final project is next Thursday, July 22. I still have some time to finish up.
I will post the final progress of the theme and its source code when it’s completed.